September 3, 2012

Zentangle

Zentangle is an easy to learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.  
Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages.











I got interested in Zentangle about a year ago. I was at an Art store where they had this new art form on display. I went home and cut up some paper into 3x3 squares. At the Art store I bought good Micron Pens. Sold in art and craft stores and Amazon.

Since then I have been doodling. There are several websites with pictures and ideas around. I used You tube to learn myself. There isn't any formula to it...you are encouraged to look around you to detect patterns in your surroundings and start doodling. I found this video really helpful



Here is the link to the official web page where the founder posts and you can search for ideas:

Happy Labor Day 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I love to find out who's reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...